- Home Town: Steep Rock, Manitoba
- Lived and worked in Carman for last 15 years.
- Married to Tracy (14 years)
- Two children: Stella (13) Thor (4)
- Leap year baby (February 29)
- Favorite place in the world: my cottage on Lake Manitoba
- Hobbies: flying, snowmobiles, quads, hunting, fishing, biking, kayaking, boating.
- Greatest fear: failure
- Childhood dream job – dentist (I used to pull out baby teeth for kids on our bus)
- Graduated from U. of M. Dentistry in 1997
- Graduated from Hospital Dentistry program (HSC Winnipeg) 1998
- Opened a dental practice in Carman in 1999
- Graduated from Medical College of Georgia Maxi Course on implant dentistry 2006
- Fellow Misch International Implant Institute (Surgical and Prosthetic) – Temple University
- Fellow of the International Congress of Implant Dentistry
- Associate Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Purchased Cornerstone Dental Centre 2008
- Fellow World Laser Institute
- Had the third cone beam CT scan in the province, the first by a general dentist and the first in rural Manitoba.
- Have placed several thousand implants and have done over ten thousand implant procedures (Combined surgical and prosthetics) – single units, removable, and fixed
- Embraced Digital dentistry: in house CAD CAM system for milling all ceramic crowns. I still make every crown I cement.
- Implemented a sleep screening program into my practices that screens for Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome and Sleep Apnea.
- Maintain i.v. sedation privileges
- Maintain hospital privileges.
My interests have evolved over my career; I began being excited about sleep dentistry and third molar removal. Eventually I moved onto all aspects of implant surgery. This pushed my career in a different direction as the implant patient’s had complicated bites and desires that required even more complicated restorative dentistry.
I realized that I needed to continue to learn and apply the latest dental techniques, material, and technology to my practice. This has been a wonderful journey that keeps me engaged in dentistry and my patients benefit from my passion for this profession.
I am living my dream.