Having Conscious Sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink (including water) after midnight. When sedated, your normal protective reflexes are delayed. If you were to have food in your stomach and got sick, the vomit could go into your lungs before you could protect yourself by coughing. This is life threatening.
- You must not drive your own car or travel home by bus or cab. You must be accompanied home by a responsible adult. A parent or guardian must accompany any minors. You must not drive for the remainder of the day.
- Do not wear anything to the appointment that you would not feel comfortable sleeping in, or having the person who takes you home take off of you.
- Contact lenses
- Tight fitting clothing
- Wear a T-shirt as we need access to your arms and hands.
- Please notify us if your are unable to make it to your appointment.
- Failure to comply with all preceding instructions will result in the delay of your surgery. Failure to give two business days cancellation notice will cost $300.00 as this time could have been used for another procedure.
- Due to impaired judgement: you should not use social media (phones/computers/cameras) for 3 hours post surgery. Gallery Dental is not responsible for inappropriate social conduct following I.V. Sedation.
Download this as a printable PDF